Thursday, March 27, 2008

CF bulbs with dimmers and Facbook "leaves"

As you may know, fluorescent lights don't work with dimmer switches. For those of you who have resisted switching to CF lighting because you just have to have "mood lighting", there's hope! My friend Jim just emailed me a link to a site that sells compact fluorescent bulbs that actually work with dimmers, and go all the way down to 10% of their normal brightness. The pricing for a 60-watt equivalent is under $10 if you buy more than six. If you're interested, click here. You might also want to check out greenelectricalsupply.com.

Also, my friend Kelly emailed me a facebook app (yes, I signed up, with great trepidation) called "leaves". It is a kind of scorecard for eco-action each of us has taken. You can collect points and give gifts, or something to that affect. At any rate, I like the idea of exchanging information on things we're each doing "differently", so I signed up. My facebook page is here.

No comments: